Week 5 Post 1

Today I am going to focus on Set 1. This consist of Armstrong Gardens and Myrtle Creek Garden.  First of I would like to say I spent a lot more time on the Armstrong Garden page. This is not because I rushed through the second page but Armstrong was just so much more inviting. The color scheme, the organization, the photos and font were all so welcoming. So much so that I almost considered visiting the location but I remembered I do not have space in my apartment for gardening.

The sites material was very similar. It had catalogs about all the different plants and flower you can buy at their store. The website also presented career opportunities if you were interested in working as a gardener. Both sites also provided services from consultations to free design for landscapes. On the first page they also advertised their events and their sales currently going on or at least pretty recent. They also had a dedicated about page but every online page should also have this.

Now when it came down to differences I felt like Armstrong did everything just better. It also seemed like Armstrong was more equipped with selling to a larger target than Myrtle. Myrtle's target market definitely seemed for the older generations and the colors represented that, They were dull, the page seemed dimmed the vibe was also definitely lonely. Some subtle things to point out that Armstrong was selling product. They were trying to get viewers to buy either the flowers or the services they had to offer. Armstrong also did a great job representing it self by starting off with credibility of being in the business for 125 years. Now Myrtle did a great job of selling a life style. The pictures weren't so focused about the garden more about whats in the garden. Where is the garden. Who might be owning the garden. I had to dissect websites like this in one of my computer classes. Usually the upper scale side of a business sells more of a lifestyle than a product. So although they were different it doesn't necessarily mean that one is better than the other. Since I am not an avid gardener the Armstrong page spoke to me and probably other beginners. Myrtle probably has a more dedicated following that connect in other ways than just gardening.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

CSIT 155 Week One Blog

Week 2 Assignment

Week 6 Blog Post