CSIT 155 Week One Blog

Originally I wanted to go with something simple. I wanted to have just one solid color for my template so that there inst too much distraction. I also had to keep in mind that I needed to stand out just a little. I went with the trees and pink because I think they compliment each other nicely

People get distracted fairly easy when browsing. It is important not to make things too complicated. If a site is hard to navigate or is hard on the eyes they will leave and not even bother reading what you have to say. I have worked in retail I know that little things like the colors and music matter to the shoppers. The same way you run a business it he same way you should run a blog.

Lastly when your blog is being talked about it is important that it something that the viewers can remember. I named my blog after me not only because the professor asked but because it's mine. Since high school I have always used alteration in my tittles to stand out and be a bit memorable. In this case I play with the letter B in my tittle. Later on to shorten the title I can play around with Triple B or something. It is important to put thought in everything you do because down the line it you should be able to continuously market your brand.

Comments

  1. Hi Brandon,

    I think your blog turned out great and is simple but still stands out.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Brandon,
    I like the template you chose, the colors are pleasing to look at. I also like your idea of "Triple B" for a title!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Brandon,

    We have the same blog template. Like you mentioned, the two colors complement each other and make it stand out to the audience. That's good you have experience in retail, so you already have an idea as to what catches your audiences and customers attention.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey Brandon,

    I thought that the thought process of creating this blog was really interesting because of using psychological way of thinking on how to get attention rates on something like a blog to be higher.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Brandon!

    I like your title choice because it's something easy to remember by using all B's. I also chose this template because it wasn't too busy with the design but it's an eye catcher at the same time. The connection you made with your retail history is very true because have grown to dislike shopping in stores because of the design and layout of stores. Also like you said, if the music isn't right then the store isn't for me.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Week 2 Assignment

Week 6 Blog Post