Blog Post Week 4 Part 2


When choosing my websites, I went to my homepage on Chrome where it shows my most visited pages. Netflix is a popular streaming service where users and their families can stream their favorite shows and movies.  Before searching or picking up where you left off Netflix asks the user who’s account you want to access. This way parents and kids can have a different series lined up to watch or if they are watching the same show they can pick up where they exactly left off and not their family member. That simple option that makes the user right off the bat chose an account is a great feature of the website.

Similar to Toyota and Apple this website has its options going down from left to right. This is super important because users pick a category and can scroll through the options or move on to the next all on the same page. Other pages when offering various options require you to load new pages and click through a web of link. Another awesome feature that websites with a large number of videos should all have is the preview option. When a user puts a curser above a video it plays a little about what its about with out leaving the page. My only critique about the website is that sometimes I feel as if the same titles show up constantly. I think the logarithm to display titles can be adjusted a little.


 The second website I chose was Office by Outlook. I use this website a lot for work and for personal use. This goes to show the versatility of its design. Not only does it serve the regular user for its everyday needs but also professional enough to be the go-to server for many companies work services. Up until a couple years ago I was not really familiar with the website and all its features. The website is so clean and organized that it is easy to learn as you go. Even if someone is not as technology advance there are constantly reminders and tutorials posted to help you user their website. I think this is amazing touch especially for something that could get complicated.

Overall the website does a great job keeping things simple and neat. All these features are probably the reason why my company chose to use it as a communication tool. As mentioned before I also have my email with Outlook. I like that you can customize the theme of your email just like you can with your phone. It gives it a nice personal touch without straying to far from clean. The only thing I would fix about this website is that when you are accessing it through your phone sometimes the smoothness is not as well transition. I constantly have issues with selecting an email, and opening one. I don’t realize I have made the mistake until I can’t do what I was trying to accomplish. I do not have this problem with it on my computer.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

CSIT 155 Week One Blog

Week 2 Assignment

Week 6 Blog Post