Blog Post Week 4 Part 1


Websites that need Improving

The first link I accessed was MGBD Parts and services. I chose this link because I was not really familiar with it. As soon as I was redirected, I could not help but laugh. This is important to note because I could not take this website seriously. If a consumer can not take a website seriously why would they take their business there.  Secondly There are to many things going on in the first page. I do not know where to look or find what I need because I am looking everywhere. Eventually I realized that on the left-hand side was the menu. That is usually where customers go to move on to the next page for what ever they need. The font is in red, and instead of having a plain background it has a green car. The color choices make it really hard to read what it says.

To improve this website, I would cut down on the number of pictures of cars. If the user wants to have multiple cars have then all in one picture and not behind letter. This way a user is more able to read what is trying to be communicated. The website is also not very professional. The URL address it self isn’t clear what they are trying to sell. There is also a random number 6 in the title. Usually URL’s like this are spam pages or a virus. I knew the website was safe because the professor posted it, but I would have never clicked on the link on my own. Having a trusted serious URL leaves the business better equipped for internet traffic.

The second website I choose was jamilin.com. This one was a little less funny but funny none the less. The format reminded me of someone trying to sell a lifestyle. They used the same colors as they do during the programming episodes on at four in the morning. This website is also covered in links. If you randomly clicked somewhere on the page with your eyes closes chances are you are going to click a link. Lastly the home page has way too many pictures of Jami. If this was an attempt to make her self credible this is not the way.

The first thing is that Jami needs to clear up how many words and pictures she has on her first page. One of quotes is to clear clutter, and she should do the same for her website. There are many things a business person wants to convey to its audience. By bombarding them with words and pictures they don’t know where to read and most of the time don’t read most of it. She has some link to other pages and all the excess information she has should be put on those pages instead of the home one. This website also looks like a giant advertisement for many things. I believe she is a woman of many talents and there is nothing wrong with that. It would help her customers if she had a website dedicated for each area she is selling. I see products for anti-aging, I see real estate, and spiritual services. She can sell her self as a brand without having to put everything one page.

Better Websites

The next website I clicked was Apple. I think most of the class also decided to go to the apple website. Even though there was only a link, the consumer knows that apple.com is going to redirect them to a website that sells iphones and ipads. If apple was not as big as they are using the word apple has the URL address might bring traffic. If another tech company named mango used mango.com as a consumer we would think they are selling mangoes. This shows how well Apple has done as a brand. Another great thing Apple has done with its website is that as you scroll down their products are listed with a picture and a description as you go. If you want to know about the product, you can click on the correct link and get more information. If a user doesn’t want to scroll through the images the menu for all their products are on the top listed clearly.

Another well designed website I visited was Toyota. Similar to Apple’s website as you scrolled down there were different services and products offered. Its screen layout was designed to be presented in a vertical format which helps because users read from left to right. The only issue I encountered with the website was that when I minimized the screen the format was thrown off and not everything was clear to read like Apple’s. Other than that the color scheme was consisted and complimented their Brand as Toyota. Everything was sleek and well presented. I actually visit this website quite often because I bought a car through them and I used their website before going to the actual site.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

CSIT 155 Week One Blog

Blog Post Week 4 Part 2