Blog Post Week 3 Part 2

Business 1

1. Wendy's
2. https://www.wendys.com/home
3. https://twitter.com/Wendys They are using twitter.
4. There social media is really well used.
5. Last post was yesterday
6. When I had to pick social media for a business, I automatically thought of Wendy's. I think Wendy's is doing a great job getting the attention of millennial. They are sometimes funny and usually have jokes and "clap backs". I think the format for Wendy's is less professional for replying to users but it does a great job advertising which is also important in social media. That is the whole point why they were created in the first place.

Business 2

1. Carmelitas
2. They do not have a website.
3. They do not have a website but they have a facebook.  https://www.facebook.com/carmelitasnackvista/
4. They post constantly.
5. They just posted 2 hours ago.
6. This is already very different from Wendy's. It is a small business so I think the standards are a little different. They are an ice cream shop like the one I would like to start in the future. They post like crazy on social media that is how I actually discovered them. My friend sent me some special they were doing at the time. I did not see much interactions just posts with pictures. It reminded me a lot of just spam emails trying to get your attention. It does a great job though because looking through the feed I am getting hungry, and prices make it even more attractive

Business 3.

1.Walmart
2. https://www.walmart.com/
3. https://twitter.com/Walmart Twitter.
4. They are always posting.
5.  Last post was an hour ago.
6. I chose this business because they actually tweeted something that I liked. I follow an artist on social media. The artist retweeted Walmart because it was funny.  I went on their page and noticed that they like to go back and forth with users. In between the fun I saw a lot of reaching out to unsatisfied customers which I thought was awesome. Walmart might have some bad reputation, but their social media presence is awesome. They advertised free business through a celebrity by just interacting.

Business 4

1. Overwatch
2, https://playoverwatch.com/en-us/
3. https://www.instagram.com/playoverwatch/?hl=en Instagram is the platform that I usually communicate with them through.
4. Not only does the website reply to customers but some of the head people in the company also take the time to reply from their accounts.
5.The post daily.
6.Overwatch does a great job of taking feedback, Although they do not always directly address the issue they will later collectively. They also provide updates of things going on. I remember a time in the past when the servers were not working and they issued a statement through their website. They also received some negative feedback about some content and the creators were able to address it on their platforms.  I assume so the companies name wasn't involved in the response.

Business 5 

1. Cold Stone
2. https://www.coldstonecreamery.com/
3. https://twitter.com/ColdStone
4. The social media was a big part of the website.
5. They post daily
6. This was the only website/social media that both places collaborated.  On the main website you were able to see what people were posting on social media. If you clicked on the images you were able to see what was said who said it. I think this was the best integrated out of all the websites. Obviously every website has a reason for their website being formatted a certain way. I definitely thing with ice cream showing experiences and pictures to speak for them selves is awesome way to advertise your company. Walmart might not really benefit from this format.

Summary  

I picked companies that were either related to the business I want to own, or have seen their interactions recently online. I think it was amazing to see that every company had a different approach of handling their social media. I did not pick them to be different it just happened. I think this is important to note because not every format works for every company. Some companies excelled in some areas while others were kind of weak.

As mentioned on the last business they did the best job integrating both website and social media. You had then has another business like Carmen who didn't even have a website to link their social media. So it was interesting. They were both ice cream shops and both had a different way of promoting their ice cream. I think they were both effective for different reasons. Carmens spammed its followers with a lot of pictures and deals. Some users may not like this method but this how I heard of them in the first place. Cold Stone on the other hand took a very subtle approach.

I also noticed some business interacted with their customer base and others didn't. That means that social media was used as a means of promotion and not so much feed back and customer satisfaction. I think it is important to address anyone that takes the time to write on your social media. Another important note is professionalism. Some companies took it from a very customer service approach with proper grammar. Wendy's and Walmart on the other hand had really fun with their customers which I thought was awesome.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

CSIT 155 Week One Blog

Week 6 Blog Post

Blog Post Week 4 Part 2